An appliance company’s business had doubled and they were still manually erecting, packing, and labeling boxes like they had done for many years. Their packaging operation was too slow for the amount of product flow they had. Not only were employees feeling overworked and overwhelmed, but the appliance company was having to pay a colossal amount of money in labor alone.
- Hand packaging operation
- Slow packaging process for amount of product flow
- Manual processes replaced with automation
- Saving money and improving efficiency
- More efficient and safer pallet wrapping process
- Space saving, as an area dedicated to making boxes is no longer required
- 30% reduction in tape cost
- 75% reduction in stretch film cost
- Hand applied labels completely eliminated, replaced with ink jet printing
- Decreased labor costs
After a free on-site consultation with an IPS packaging specialist and an added on-site demonstration, the company was assured that IPS could solve their problem. The appliance company’s skepticism with IPS’ ability to automate a process that had been performed by hand for years gave way to delight with the installation of three case sealers, each fitted with a two line dot-matrix case coder. That meant boxes no longer had to be pre-made before filling and were sealed automatically.
Hand applied labels are also now a thing of the past. As their confidence in IPS’ quality service and products grew, this customer reviewed other areas of their production process. That resulted in the purchase of a new semi-automatic pallet wrapper that replaced the old hand-wrapping process.