A 2014 report claimed that only 5% of consumers feel their customer experience exceeded their expectations and some 29% say that companies miss the mark.
But, perhaps the bigger concern is that customers now feel empowered to complain about their dissatisfaction:
- 93% of customers talk about good experiences at least occasionally.
- 46% talk about their good experiences all of the time.
- 95% of customers will report their poor experiences to others some of the time.
- 60% will tell others about poor experiences all of the time.
The survey shows, “On average, consumers tell 8 people about their good experiences, and over twice as many people about their bad experiences.”
Customer feedback lists their reasonable expectations. They want packaging that protects against shipping damage by:
- Assuring a quality product via the security of a quality container
- Delivering ordered items in a high-impact and long-lasting comfort cushion
- Wrapping the product without hiding it in annoying loose fill
- Securing the item with sustainable solutions and less product
- Protecting fragile, odd-size, and odd-shaped products
- Reducing the worry about product performance and needs to return
- Lowering or maintaining the customer’s share of the shipping cost
Sometimes, the difference in keeping and losing a customer comes down to a better package. Simply stated, quality delivery improves customer loyalty. Damage discourages repeat customers and the buying experience improves with ease of opening and discovery of the product as promised. Easy access to purchase and parts without the hassle of foam peanuts and bubble wrap is a real plus. Easy removal without the hassle of containers within containers is another. And, easily recycled storage materials makes everyone happy.
This is exactly what foam-in-place packaging offers. It fills space fully with a customized cushion that molds itself around off and sharp shapes and corners. The product sits nestled in a pocket or pillow of protection from scratches and other damages. Parts and peripherals nest in their own insets, and all pieces remove cleanly and simply.
Why choose foam-in-place for your packaging?
The advantages of using foam-in-place packaging far outshine those of alternative protective packaging. Consider the following benefits foam-in-place packaging offers:
- Increased productivity
- Optimize equipment performance
- Minimize the occurrence of downtime
- Simple customizable and programmable output, reducing waste
- Increased efficiency
- Ergonomic design
- Ease of installation and flexible mounting options
- Lifetime warranty on all parts and equipment
- On-going service, support and technical assistance to keep your lines up and running efficiently
Meet Maxwell: the new intelligent interface of foam-in-place packaging.
Why is Maxwell so important? Maxwell is the new “Intelligent Interface” of the SmartBagger machine taking foam in bag technology to new heights. Through its intuitive touch screen, users gain the ability to tailor their use to their specific application(s) and/or product environment and benefit the control and metrics for data analysis to ensure repeat-ability.
Advantages of Maxwell?
- Personalize the tablet display for customer needs
- Customize access levels (operator, manager, and service)
- Option to add photos/videos for training and quality control
- Quickly distribute new packaging procedures or product specifications to multiple machines within a facility
- Improved operation efficiency – self cleaning and sleep/wake SmartModes
- Enhanced barcoding ability
- Preset “sheets” for unlimited number of preset bag sizes (making sorting easier)