Verified over a 3 year testing period, dunnage bag products have completed testing (noted in the Product Performance Profile for Pneumatic Dunnage). This profile can be found in AAR General Information Bulletins, available at AAR Publications.
If your products are being transported by truck, rail, sea vessels or other containers, Dunnage Air bags are the most efficient way to brace and cushion shipments. Offered by one of the top brands in America, ITW, these industrial packaging solutions can be found in paper, poly-woven or plastic inflatable air bags. Verified by the Association of American Railroads for shipments, dunnage air bags passed the PPPPD test.
(PPPPD) Association of American Railroad
- General Information Bulletin No. 9
- Effective July 1, 2005
- Replace K,AAR Pamphlet #14
Product Performance Profile for Pneumatic Dunnage
- Level 1: Pneumatic dunnage used as lateral (crosswire) void filler (Intermodal)
- Levels 2-4: Pneumatic dunnage used as lengthwise void fillers in flat platen type applications (Boxcar)
- Level 5: Pneumatic dunnage used as lengthwise void fillers in horizontal application between concave surfaces (Boxcar)
|Dunnage Air Bag Type||Maximum Useable Inflation Pressure||Maximum Load in Pounds||Maximum Testing Pressure & Void Size|
|Level 1||2 Ply||2.5 PSI||40,000 lbs. Max Per Load||8 PSI|
|Level 2||4 Ply||5 PSI||Less than 75,000 lbs. in a railcar||17 PSI|
|Level 3||6 Ply Medium Polywoven (5.2 oz sq/ft)||8 PSI||Between 75,000 & 160,000 lbs. in a railcar||25 PSI|
|Level 4||8 Ply Heavy Polywoven (6.8 oz sq/ft)||10 PSI||Between 160,000 & 205,000 lbs. in a railcar||30 PSI|
|Level 5||Heavy Polywoven (8.5 oz sq/ft)||10 PSI||Between 160,000 & 205,000 lbs. in a railcar||21 PSI (18″ Void Horizontal)|