A case study in bubble packaging
An electronics and appliances company was looking for a protective packaging solution that not only provided green benefits, but durability for fragile items. With a need for superior cushioning, the company was looking for a cost effective solution to their problem. They were in need of standardizing their packaging process while reducing the amount of trucks on the road.
A switch to green bubble packaging saves over $190,000 a year
Having heard about IPS Packaging’s reputation for streamlining packaging processes, the electronics company gave IPS a call. After speaking with a trained packaging specialist, the electronics and appliances company was confident that IPS had the solution to their problem.
IPS provided a green bubble packaging solution that increased yield to save by $190,000 a year, but also reduced overall truckloads significantly. In fact, IPS was able to remove 361 truckloads from the road for the appliances company; contributing greatly to bottom line cost savings.
- In need of a protective packaging solution
- In need of standardizing their packaging process
- In need of reducing the amount of trucks on the road
- Reduced landfill waste
- Removed 361 truckloads from the road
- Contributed significantly to bottom line savings
- Standardized the company’s packaging process
- Use of green bubble packaging
Environmental benefits of green bubble packaging:
- Contains up to 40% recycled content
- Uses 20% post-consumer content
- Reduces solid waste in landfills
- Manufactured using reusable polyethylene resin (Highly Recyclable)
- Green bubble color promotes recyclability
This reduction in truckloads and landfill waste also contributed to overall corporate green initiatives for the electronics company while providing superior protection for the products being shipped on a daily basis.