Aluminum Foil Tapes
Chemically resistant aluminum foil tapes can help protect products during chemical paint stripping.
- Moisture and Chemical Resistant – Help seal and protect many sensitive assemblies and surfaces.
- Thermally Conductive – Help maximize efficiency of heating or cooling by increasing transmission over broader area.
- Heat and Light Reflective – Help protect plastic components from heat damage. Help improve visibility by magnifying light sources.
- Flame Resistant – Help protect parts from flame damage.
- Outdoor Weather-able – Resist U.V. degradation, ensures long lasting performance.
- Vibration Damping – Damp resonant vibration for noise control.
Aluminum Foil/Reinforced Tapes
Aluminum foil/reinforced tape can be used to protect sensitive cables, lines, or tubes
- Highly Conformable and Non-rigidizing – Ideal for spiral wrap heat and flame protection of cables, hoses and harnesses. Wrapped flexible hoses retain flexibility.
- High Strength – Good wearability, high tear and puncture resistance.
- Flame Resistant – Help protect parts from flame and heat damage
Lead Foil Tapes
Lead foil tapes are used in x-ray applications providing relative marker to locate defects.
- Electrically Conductive – “Thieving” action eliminates metal plating edge build-up.
- Acid Resistant – Broad applicability for etching, milling and plating operations.
- Malleable – High conformability: can be easily working with burnishing tools.
- High Density – Ideal weighting or balancing medium.
- X-ray Opacity – Help protect components from x-rays. Great marker or locator for x-ray inspection operations.
Damping foils can be placed inside aircaraft fuselage to reduce cabin noise
- Noise Reduction – Unique polymer converts vibration to negligible heat.
- Fatigue Reduction – Reduced vibration helps prolong product life.