A pharmaceutical company was looking for a green solution to replace their current foam-in-place polyurethane void-fill. When first hearing about air pillows for a solution, they were skeptical. Traditional air pillows are not typically recognized as being environmental or biodegradable. IPS decided to try something new by offering an air pillow that is in the recyclable category 4.
- Needed greener solution to void-fill
- Tough and flexible packaging
- Cost-effective solution
- Longer shelf life for product
- Reusable solution
- Biodegrades in anaerobic/aerobic environments
- Diverts less plastic to the waste stream
- Uses 50% less resin
- 100% recyclable
- Provides greater puncture resistance
The film of green air pillows can biodegrade in either an anaerobic or aerobic environment. It contains pre-consumer recycled content and reduces solid waste in landfills. It extends the projected useful life of landfills and causes less plastic to be diverted to the waste stream. It also contains 20%-50% less resin content than alternative films and is 100% recyclable.