SQF (Safe Quality Food) is a food safety certification program.
SQF provides a diligent system to manage food safety risks and provide safe products for use by companies in the food industry. This certification is recognized by retailers and foodservice providers around the world. This allows your customers to have confidence in your food safety program and know that you have a careful food safety system in place. The program is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and links primary production certification to food manufacturing, distribution and agent/broker management certification. Administered by the Food Marketing Institute (FMI), Safe Quality Food benefits from continual retailer feedback about consumer concerns. These benefits are passed on to SQF certified suppliers, keeping them a step ahead of their competitors. It is the only scheme to integrate a quality component and food safety.
Standardization for the food industry.
- Requires a trained person, and experienced, in regards to implementations
- Heavy handed in regards of all personnel
- Recognized within the food industry as the higher standard, and the one which most manufactures are certified in.
- Meets 100% of FMA requirements.
What this means for your company.
- Supplier approved program
- Business continuity plan
- Third part audits
- Water quality/Air quality testing
- Hazard analysis and risk based controls
- Written food safety plan
- Preventative controls
- Potential testing requirements
IPS Packaging works with various manufactures within the food industry which hold the SQF certification for food safety. Looking for commonly used packaging supplies in the food industry? We have you covered. From pre-stretch films, to poly bags, chipboard, to pallet covers.
Contact us today by learning more about the certification and how it can benefit your company.
To book a convenient time to talk to us, use our easy-to-use calendar below.