There has been some debate over which material will work best for your bagging applications. Below we list some of the most important differences between Polyethylene and Polypropylene material.
Polyethylene is flexible, durable and tear-resistant these three characteristics are extremely important when you want your poly bag to contain heavy items. Industrial companies use polyethylene for storage bags for large heavy items such as industrial machining parts.
- Inert, translucent and creates a lower static charge
- Prohibits a the greater amount of light to enter the bag which protects the contents
- Attracts much less dirt, dust and other foreign, organic elements
- Soft and pliable
- Higher purity (100% Virgin)
A polypropylene bag is a high clarity crystal clear bag which enhances the product’s image. It provides a highly protective barrier against moisture and vapors. Delay evaporation and dehydration to preserve freshness and taste of packaged foods. Polypropylene bags make great ways for storing food, electronics manufacturing, hospitals, agriculture, clean room technology flat poly bags can be used virtually anywhere.
- Crystal clear for great product presentation
- Stiff and hard plastic
- Rough surface has the potential to produce scratches
- Outstanding vapor and moisture barrier.
- Meets FDA and USDA specifications.