VCI Guidelines to Consider for Protection:
- Products made out of ferrous or non ferrous metal material should be packed upon time of production. All items should be packed free from moisture, dust, dirt and rust. If corrosion is already present, VCI material will not repair or reverse effects.
- VCI should not be held in stock for more than six months. All unused material should be kept in original packing and stored in a cool, dry area. It should be stored somewhere away from moisture or heat before use.
- Between the product to be protected and the VCI material there should be no more than 6 inches. There should be no barrier between the VCI material and the metal surface the product being protected.
- VCI products are meant for industrial use only.
- If packing objects that are steel via wrapping, 70% of VCI film should be used.
If you need any information on VCI Material, please contact one of our sales representatives today.